Newhaven Sanctuary - Accommodation & Facilities
Two small campground facilities each with showers and composting toilets are provided at Newhaven. Drinking water is also available at each campground.
Volunteers provide advice and interpretive information on self-guided tours. See Newhaven Activities for downloads of the self-guided tour notes and map.
Camping At Newhaven
- Camping fees apply - $10 / adult / night & $ 5 / child / night.
- You must be totally self sufficient with food and fuel for the duration of your stay. Drinking water is available.
- Camping is only permitted within the designated campgrounds.
- No fires shall be lit except in designated fireplaces in the campgrounds. Please keep camp campfires small and only use if necessary, as firewood is limited. Firewood available at campgrounds.
- Please take all rubbish with you.
Travelling around the sanctuary
- 4WD vehicles only will be allowed beyond the campground.
- Some roads on Newhaven Sanctuary are closed to visitors. Please respect this and drive only on designated roads.
- Firearms, traps and pets are not permitted onto the sanctuary.
- Strictly no off track driving at any time.
- Persons travelling away from the campsite must carry a map, water, first aid kit and UHF radio (set to duplex channel 3) or satellite phone.