Dr Laura Ruykys
- Wildlife Ecologist - Mount Gibson
- Special skills / qualifications
- PhD and Honours in wildlife ecology (specialise in mammals).
- What did you do before AWC?
- Lecturing in Darwin, as well as various research and applied science positions in South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Black-footed rock-wallaby (focus of my PhD).
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Yet to find.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Aye-aye, Snow Leopard and Blue whale.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Madagascar, Nanavut and Sri Lanka.
- Other interesting stuff
- During my PhD I worked closely with Indigenous Owners in central Australia. As a result, I am particularly interested in the interface between Indigenous ecological and Western scientific knowledge.