- Special skills / qualifications
- PhD (Conservation Biology),
MSc (Forest Ecology),
GradDip Nat Res (Wildlife Management),
- What did you do before AWC?
- Wildlife Research Scientist with State Forests of NSW and the NSW Department of Primary Industries where I investigated aspects of the ecology (including responses to habitat disturbance and effectiveness monitoring) for a wide range of forest-dependent species. Special interests are with nocturnal fauna, particularly arboreal marsupials and large forest owls. Also spent a couple of years working as an ecological consultant to a range of resource extraction companies, linear infrastructure providers, international forestry standards certification, and local, state and federal governments.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Yellow-bellied Glider (TBC)
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Thermal pools at Pungalina
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Fork-marked Lemur, Blakiston’s Fish Owl, Ivory-billed Woodpecker
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Galapagos Islands, Ecuador rainforests and Yellowstone National Park
- Other interesting stuff
- Ural Owls can be ‘hypnotised’ and gently laid on their backs on the ground for minutes at a time; Spotted Owls will fly down and take live mice right out of your hand.