- Special skills / qualifications
- PhD in ecology/entomology (climate change and biodiversity)
Bachelor of Science (Hons)
Bachelor of Arts
- What did you do before AWC?
- After my PhD I spent a few years teaching field biology in the Atherton Tablelands, and after that, a few years working as a consultant in Cape York and FNQ tracking quolls and doing general fauna surveys.
Just before starting at AWC I was living in Tokyo soaking up the culture (and food!).
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Northern Quoll
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Still exploring! But for now, the gorges along the Fitzroy at Mornington – beautiful! Also, the rainforests near Julatten in Brooklyn sanctuary are pretty mind-blowing.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Numbat, Giraffe, Whaleshark.
Haven’t seen any of them in the wild yet.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Alaska, India, Amazon rainforest.