- National Operations Support Officer
- Special skills / qualifications
- Qualifications include Cert IV in Work Health and Safety, FSRA 2, Lead Auditor, RSA.
I also know the words to almost every song by Queen - I think that can be considered a special skill.
- What did you do before AWC?
- I worked in banking for over ten years, in both customer service and in Operations. Other jobs I have done are mango picking, bar staff, dental assistant, check-out operator, kitchen-hand, Safety coordinator. I also take care of two pygmy humans.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Western pygmy possum
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- I love the castle at Karakamia!
I have not yet been to many AWC Sanctuaries but I would love to visit all of them, especially Mornington and Newhaven.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- I have seen a Dugong off the jetty at Denham, and once I saw a Frill-neck lizard and a Bungarra going for a walk together in the back streets of Broome. I have seen a lot of freshwater crocs when camping in the Kimberley.
I would love to see a Western pygmy possum or a Phascogale.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- South America, Japan and Italy
- Other interesting stuff
- I moved to Australia from Ireland when I was nine, and grew up in Broome. I enjoy finding geocaches and visiting new places.
I love working for AWC as I get to talk to staff from all over the country and they usually have an interesting story to share!