- Special skills / qualifications
- I have a Bachelor of Environmental Management (Natural Systems and Wildlife) from the University of Queensland.
- What did you do before AWC?
- While I was at university I was contract mustering in Western Queensland as I saw it as the best opportunity to gain practical experience.
Once I had completed my degree I worked for Moreton Bay Regional Council as a Pest Animal Officer. Mainly focusing on wild dogs and feral pigs.
I was also briefly employed with Gympie Regional Council as a Land Management Officer, focusing on pest animals, before I accepted this position with AWC.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- The Numbat! (Although now closely followed by the Mala)
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- I’ve only been here two days so no favourite yet, but a place where you can see Bilbies off your back step is pretty special.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Numbat (saw one on my first day at Scotia), a Bilby (I have now seen several) and the Night Parrot.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Norway (I have been there before but I was too young to appreciate the landscape), South Africa (I’d love to assist/be involved in the conservation of the big critters over there) and Nashville, Tennessee.