Help protect Australian native animals across the country!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join our team as the Chief Operations Officer and to be responsible for delivering effective conservation across Australia.
The mission of Australian Wildlife Conservancy is the effective conservation of all Australian animal species and the habitats in which they live. AWC currently owns and manages 30+ properties spanning more than 12.9 million hectares around Australia, and protects over 1,200 species of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians.
Due to a sideways move, AWC are seeking a Chief Operations Officer.
This role reports directly to the Chief Executive and is responsible for leading, coordinating and supporting operations and land management projects, programs and activities at AWC sanctuaries around Australia.
Key Functions of the role include:
- Ensuring the implementation of safe operating systems across AWC properties
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing operational stakeholder relationships
- Championing the integration of science and land management
- Developing asset and infrastructure investment and development plans
- Ensuring cost effective, and best value for money solutions are consistently achieved
- Fostering and championing AWC values, and AWC’s leadership model
- Developing and reporting on annual operational plans, budgets and activity metrics
- Ensuring consistent project and contract management and scheduling methodologies are adopted and applied
- Consistently work to identify innovative and ‘outside the box’ solutions
- Working with the Chief Finance Officer on the preparation of budgets, and compliance with AWCs procurement policy
- Encouraging cross-sanctuary and region collaboration and resource sharing
- Be on the Emergency response duty roster, or ensure suitable delegate is in place
More details can be found in the position profile attached.
This is a unique opportunity to join Australia’s largest non-government conservation organisation and help shape the future of private sector conservation in Australia.
To submit an application, click ‘APPLY’ on this job and complete an application form.
Your application should include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the critical competencies listed in the detailed job description on our website or the attachment. Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 14 August 2022
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
- Applicants must be able to comply with AWC vaccination policy.
To learn more about AWC’s Sanctuaries and Partnerships, please visit our website www.australianwildlife.org/sanctuaries/