About the organisation:
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private owner of land for conservation in the world - we now own or manage in partnership 29 sanctuaries covering more than 6.5 million hectares in remote locations such as the Kimberley, the Top End, central Australia and Cape York. The AWC estate protects a very high proportion of Australia’s biodiversity including some of the largest remaining populations of many endangered species.
AWC’s mission - to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats - is achieved by:
- Operations - delivering effective large-scale land management including fire management, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure management.
- Science - delivering the largest national biological survey program with a focus on measuring the population of indicator species and the extent of threatening processes as well as conducting research on key issues such as feral cat control.
- Fundraising - mobilising finance (primarily, tax deductible donations) from the general public and philanthropists including through effective communication of field updates from around the AWC estate.
Values of AWC:
AWC we are
- Respectful - demonstrating care, recognition and integrity
- Informed - working together to acquire and apply evidence, knowledge and experience
- Dedicated - committed to delivering effective outcomes, with resilience and tenacity
- Innovative - applying creative thinking for effective solutions
- Accountable - taking ownership of our actions and outcomes
- Sustainable - delivering long-term financial and ecological viability
If you are interested in working for AWC and there are no suitable vacancies available, please submit an Expression of Interest by clicking apply.
The Human Resources team will review your application and may contact you in the event a suitable opportunity should arise.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.