~ Help shape the future of private sector conservation ~
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner and manager of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife (alone or in partnership) across 30 sanctuaries, covering more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
AWC’s mission - to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats - is achieved by delivering practical land management (fire management, feral animal control and weed eradication), as well as threatened species reintroductions and strategic conservation science. Fundraising, primarily tax deductible donations from the general public and philanthropists, enables our work.
About the role
We are seeking a data-driven communications and fundraising expert to join our Development (fundraising) team in the role of Fundraising Manager. Based in Perth, the role will suit an early to mid-career professional who is passionate about wildlife, data-driven fundraising and compelling communications. You will be joining a talented and high-performing national team of development professionals who are committed to creating better outcomes for Australia’s threatened wildlife.
Your key responsibilities will be to design and implement fundraising programs focused on AWC’s supporters who donate up to $1,000 annually. You will develop and implement campaigns to acquire and convert donor prospects into generous supporters, reactivate lapsed supporters, and inspire current regular and general donors to lift their levels of giving. Data-driven analysis and decision making will be an important component of your programs â a curious and inquiring mind is essential! You’ll be willing to roll-up your sleeves and run effective telephone appeals, deliver presentations to community groups and undertake strategic prospect research to support our talented team of Development Executives. You’ll also need strong written capabilities to write compelling copy that inspires people to give.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A passionate and genuine interest in the conservation of Australia’s wildlife and their habitats.
- An engaging personality! Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on persuasive communication.
- The ability to clearly convey an organisation’s mission and inspire support for that mission amongst a wide variety of stakeholders. (Experience in successfully selling a product or concept will be very highly regarded).
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous appeals to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience segmenting and analysing data to maximise business objectives.
- A strong work ethic including a willingness to work out of normal business hours and weekends as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the ongoing growth of an innovative, successful organisation which is helping shape the future of conservation in Australia. An attractive remuneration package is available for a candidate with suitable professional, commercial or fundraising experience.
For a full position description for this role, please see below or visit our careers page: www.australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 10 March 2021
However, applicants will be short-listed on an ongoing basis so early submission of your application is highly encouraged.
Enquiries: Angela Bowman â Senior Executive, Development & Grants
t: (08) 6478 9722 | m: 0428 562 355 | e: email@example.com
Applications via: australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
To submit an application, visit our careers page (linked above), select the relevant job vacancy, click ‘APPLY’ and complete an application form.
Your application must include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the critical competencies listed in the detailed job description on our website or the attachment. Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.