Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is a global leader in conservation, providing hope to Australia’s wildlife with a science-informed, land management partnership model that delivers high impact results.
The Grants Officer plays a critical role in AWC’s significant grants program. The position is responsible for project coordination of active philanthropic and government grants, including contract administration, writing acquittal reports, reviewing budgets and preparing internal reports. The Grants Officer also conducts research to identify new grant opportunities and assists the Grants team in drafting new funding applications. This position is offered on a full-time basis. Ideally based in Subiaco Perth, however for the right candidate, other locations around Australia will be considered.
The successful candidate will have:
- exceptional writing skills, particularly grant application, fund proposals, commercial tenders or similar
- high level organisation skills and attention to detail
- ability to develop innovative search criteria to identify philanthropic funding opportunities and networks
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse range of stakeholders
- advanced ability using standard business software packages
- 1-2 years' experience in fundraising or similar role (highly desirable)
- a demonstrated interest in conservation or natural environment (highly desirable)
- university degree in relevant discipline
- valid drivers licence
AWC’s mission - to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats - is achieved by close collaboration between our Operations, Science and Fundraising teams and this role plays a key part in promoting this approach to all team members. Working with a small, dedicated team based in AWC’s head office (Perth), this is a rare opportunity to use your communications and data processing skills to be actively involved in shaping the future of private sector conservation in Australia.
Enquiries only: email@example.com
To submit an application, click ‘APPLY’ on this job and complete an application form.
Your application should include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the critical competencies listed in the detailed job description on our website or the attachment. Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 July 2022
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
- Applicants must be able to comply with AWC vaccination policy.