Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia. We protect endangered wildlife at 30 locations which we own or manage in collaborative partnerships. AWC’s involvement covers a total of more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
What are we looking for:
We're looking for someone who goes looking for problems proactively and more importantly, the right solutions. The right candidate will be autonomous but aware of when to request assistance or further information. They would possess a diligence and resilience towards helping people navigate business technology. As a Level 1/2 Help Desk Support Officer you’ll understand and support a large range of products, ensure customer satisfaction and system maintenance. This role is initially offered on 10-month contract with the possibility for an extension.
Benefits and perks:
- A chance to work at one of Australia’s quiet achiever conservation Not for Profit organisations
- Regular working schedule with flexibility
- Terrific modern office
- An inclusive and enjoyable culture
- Regular staff events
- Great opportunities to sharpen your professional image and further develop excellent IT abilities
- Conduct clear and concise phone support duties with a friendly manner
- Engage on a professional level with users from all departments
- Handle and keep organised a large volume of tasks and admin
- Build, repair and procure standard business hardware
- Contribute to the IT teams’ outcomes whilst running your own position like a business
- Manage mobile fleet
- Good self-governance
- Works productively with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Driven to take tasks to completion in an efficient manner
- Good intuition of people and anticipation of their IT needs
- Documenting new configurations or updating existing documentation
- Confidence in known skills with modesty and respect
Skills and experience
- 1-3 years proven track record within a similar position â Level 1 / 2 requests and support
- MS Office 2016 & 2019 support in O365
- Windows environment management including Group Policy, CLI use, file and share security, DFS, Active Directory
- Microsoft server 2012, 2016 administration
- Wireless troubleshooting
- Deep experience with remote support and associated tools
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with general LOB software types such as RMM, CRM, SaaS
- Experience with network troubleshooting, patching and methodical problem solving
- Use of helpdesk ticketing systems
- Police check
- Australian drivers’ licenses
- Recognised industry certification is desirable (MCSE, MCSA or CCNA)
- Awareness or training in ITIL methodology
- Knowledge of common network media and their properties (Fibre, ethernet, 2.4Ghz microwave, etc.
- Python, vbscript, Powershell scripting
- A good software toolset of your own
This is a unique opportunity to join Australia’s largest non-government conservation organisation and help shape the future of private sector conservation in Australia.
Fiona Tran, HR Advisor | Fiona.Tran@australianwildlife.org
Applications via: australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
To submit an application, visit our careers page (linked above), select the relevant job vacancy, click ‘APPLY’ and follow the prompts to complete an application form.
Your application must include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the skills and experience listed. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18 April 2021
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.