Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife at 30 sanctuaries in which we own or manage in partnership, covering a total of more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
AWC’s mission- to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats- is achieved by:
- Operations-delivering effective large-scale land management including fire management, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure management.
- Science- delivering the largest national biological survey program with a focus on measuring the population of indicator species and the extent of threatening processes as well as conducting research on key issues such as feral cat control.
- Fundraising- mobilising finance (primarily, tax deductible donations) from the general public and philanthropists including through effective communication of field updates from around the AWC estate.
As AWC is entering an exciting new phase, we are seeking a part time (3 days a week) Supporter Relations Officer to commence in September 2020. Reporting to the Development Services Manager, the Supporter Relations Officer will be responsible for the ongoing donations processing, data entry into our fundraising database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge) and donations-related communications with AWC supporters.
In this important role, you will ensure the accurate and timely processing of the incoming donations from AWC supporters as well as providing effective communications with them by responding to donation-related requests and resolving issues of concern. You will also work closely with our Development team to ensure the accuracy of data they use and to help them respond to supporters’ requests.
The competencies we are looking for include:
- Experience working with a CRM database (preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge) in a fundraising or sales/marketing environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a sound understanding of basic fundraising/sales principles and the role data plays in driving strategy, campaigns and programs.
- Experience with standard business software packages (including Microsoft Office).
- A passion for the conservation of Australia’s wildlife.
Working with a small, dedicated team based in AWC’s head office (Perth), this is a rare opportunity to use your communications and data processing skills to be actively involved in protecting Australia’s endangered wildlife.
Julia Kalinkina, Development Services Manager
Julia.Kalinkina@australianwildlife.org | 08 6478 9704
Applications via: australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
To submit an application, visit our careers page (linked above), select the relevant job vacancy, click ‘APPLY’ and follow the prompts.
Your application must include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the critical competencies listed in the detailed job description on our website or the attachment.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23 August 2020
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
To learn more about AWC, please visit our website: www.australianwildlife.org/