~ Help shape the future of private sector conservation ~
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife at 30 sanctuaries in which we own or manage in partnership, covering a total of more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
AWC’s mission - to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats - is achieved by:
- Operations - delivering effective large-scale land management including fire management, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure management.
- Science - delivering a nationally-coherent program of ecological surveys with a focus on monitoring key conservation assets and threats, conducting applied research relevant to wildlife conservation, implementing conservation programs including reintroductions, and providing advice to management.
- Fundraising - mobilising finance (primarily, tax deductible donations) from the general public and philanthropists including through effective communication of AWC conservation programs.
A new position at AWC, the Systems Analyst and Delivery Coordinator is a temporary term (12 month) position reporting to the Operations Manager- National Operations Team, who in turn reports to the Chief Operations Officer with day-to-day operations across AWC’s estate. This position is based at our Subiaco office.
Key responsibilities of this role include (but not limited to):
- Provide support to AWC regional and field-based staff.
- End to End project management and administration of new systems including a new asset management system and business and work plan reporting system. Includes:
- Planning, consulting, configuration, testing, training and roll-out/ completion with assistance from National Operations Team where applicable.
- Configure recently procured Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software including assisting the IT Department setup automated reporting and identifying centralized procurement opportunities and budget forecasting. This will include a new asset register with the ability to record service and maintenance of assets and insurance data.
- Support the expanded deployment of an existing software platform to improve data collection and reporting on work plans, metrics and task related budget performance. This will likely involve the integration of both a form based metric data collection tool for field-based staff and existing business reporting software to create automated reports to an Executive and Board level. Work closely with multiple internal stakeholders including IT, National Operations Team, National Science Team, Development and field-based staff.
- Where there is capacity assist and offer advice with the development and deployment of recently procured project management software.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated exceptional planning and organisation skills.
- A positive and professional attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in end to end project management
- Well-developed ability to problem solve, identity and recommend innovative solutions with limited resources.
- Intermediate to advanced ability and experience in using the following is essential:
- Standard business software packages (including Word, Excel, Outlook etc.),
- Management of data and outputs
- Managing EA/CMMS software and data form building software
- Configuring privacy and data security controls, access requests and building complex data relationships including financial data
- Experience in the following are highly regarded/advantageous, but not essential:
- Fulcrum, Asset Panda, Monday.com
- Microsoft productivity suite Office365, Sharepoint, PowerBI, PowerAutomate/Flow
- Data ETL (Extract Transform Load) tools
This is a unique opportunity to join Australia’s largest non-government conservation organisation and help shape the future of private sector conservation in Australia.
Melissa Farrelly, Operations Manager | email@example.com
Applications via: australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
To submit an application, visit our careers page (linked above), select the relevant job vacancy, click ‘APPLY’ and complete an application form.
Your application must include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the critical competencies listed in the detailed job description on our website or the attachment. Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 5 May 2021
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.