- Field Ecologist / Wildlife Educator
- Special skills / qualifications
- I have a BSc (Hons) in ecology, 10 year’s field experience with threatened species reintroductions, and working with conservation initiatives and experiments that are centred around fenced reserves.
- What did you do before AWC?
- I was in Canberra working with the ANU Mulligans Flat Goorooyarroo Woodland Experiment for four years. Prior to that I was at Arid Recovery, near Roxby Downs South Australia for six years and prior to that I was working at Haigh’s Chocolates in Melbourne while completing honours (and yes there were free samples involved and yes they were amazing!)
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- All of them
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Having only been with AWC for a short time there are still a lot of places and sanctuaries to explore. However the ‘high point’ at Yookamurra which is actually 10m above the lowest point at Yookamurra is a surprisingly nice spot for the view.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Any animal I see co-existing in the presence of the wide variety of threats out there has my vote.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- I love traveling and seeing new places (near and far) so it is difficult to list just three, but my parent’s place in East Gippsland, Victoria is always up there for a destination and I would love to explore some of the deserts and national parks in north America.
- Other interesting stuff
- I’ve shot a feral cat (and dissected it) on national television. On a different note, Nadia Comaneci (first gymnast to score a perfect 10) and Jane Goodall were my childhood inspirations and I have met them both!